Host a Film Night
Raise money for your group THE EASY, FUN WAY BY HOSTING A FILM NIGHT!
Movie fundraisers are a fun, social way to boost your group’s funds and enjoy a movie at the same time. There is no risk to you as you pay only for the tickets that you sell.
It is easy – as an example – if you sell 100 tickets for $13 each you can make $300 or if you sell a full house, (190 tickets in our large theatre) you can make a minimum $570 profit for your group, while you have fun.
Want to know more about a fundraising screening?
Here is an outline of how The Belgrave Twin Cinema fundraising nights work and how it will benefit your group.
- Most fundraising nights take place in either the first or second week of a new movie release but this is negotiable.
- For fundraisers held in the first week of a new release, we require the full adult ticket price less $2. This means that if you charge the standard ticket price, you will raise $2 per ticket. Therefore, the more you charge, the more profit you make.
- For fundraisers held in the second and subsequent weeks of a new release, we require the full adult ticket price less $3. This means that if you charge the standard ticket price, you will raise $3 per ticket. Of course you can charge more to increase your profits.
- We recommend you sell your tickets for at least $1 more than the standard price so that participants feel like they have made an extra effort to help raise money for a good cause.
- Special conditions apply for films ordered specifically for your fundraiser.
- Only one fundraiser is allowed per new release movie.
- We will be as flexible as possible to help you get the movie you want, when you want it.
Making Movie Fundraising easy!
To be included in this great fundraising venture simply write an email or come in and see us, to advise the name of a contact person, daytime contact number, what type of movie your group would be interested in, e.g. kids movie, action, drama and a proposed time and date that would be suitable for you.
Once we receive your email or verbal request, we will send a confirmation letter.
You will be placed on a list and when your turn comes, or a suitable movie is on offer, we will contact you to see if you are interested. We do warn you that you may not receive much notice for the function date. We work with film distributors to confirm the movie dates and times and sometimes this may come with little warning, 2 weeks or less.
If you accept the movie we have offered, we will confirm times and dates and will advertise your fundraiser on our cinema program and our regular email to customers. We will issue you with tickets to sell and a list for you to gather email addresses, so we can keep members of your group up to date with what’s on at the movies. If you do not sell all your tickets before the fundraiser, you can sell leftover tickets in the cinema foyer 1 hour prior to your session.
We ask that a contact person telephones our Duty Manager at the cinema at least two (2) days before your screening to ensure we have sufficient staff rostered on and to see how your ticket sales are going.
On the night of your screening all the tickets you have sold will be collected at the door as people enter the theatre, these tickets will be counted by your representive and the cinema duty manager and you will pay the ticket prices mentioned above. The balance of the funds represents your profit.
- Due to space restrictions and occupational health & safety guidelines, no food or drink can be served other than through the kiosk or café.
The effort and organisation will pale in comparison to the great evening you will have here at The Belgrave Twin Cinema!
Note: Standard ticket prices may change between the date of lodging your application and the day when the fundraiser is actually held. Peak movie times are not available. No blockbusters. Other conditions apply, please contact us for further information.