The following describes our information gathering and dissemination practices in relation to information collected about you via this web site. This policy has been developed in accordance with the Commonwealth of Australia Privacy Act 1988. Further information on your rights can be found on The Australian Privacy Commissioners website at www.privacy.gov.au.
When you visit this site, our server logs information which is provided by your browser. This information is used to create statistics which allow us to assess web site efficiency.
The information logged is as follows:
- the type of browser you are using;
your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc);
the address of the referring site;
your server's IP address;
the address of the pages accessed and any documents downloaded.
No attempt will be made to personally identify you from the above Browser Information unless disclosure is required by law or due to a mandatory requirement of a Court, Governmental Agency or Regulatory Authority. We use the information only for statistical analysis or systems administration purposes.
No prohibited identifiers (such as a tax file number) are used at any time for identification.
Ticket Purchase and Billing Information
When purchasing tickets through this web site you must provide personal details, including credit card billing information. Your credit card details are used for real-time billing of ticket purchases and are not retained on our server. To facilitate your ticket purchase your billing information is shared with our banking gateway partner, eWay. More information on how eWay handles your information can be found at www.eway.com.au.
Electronic mail addresses
We will record your email address if you transmit it to us electronically either in an email message or via a web page form. Your email address will only be used for the purpose for which you provide it and will not be added to a mailing list unless you request that this be done. We will not disclose it without your consent.
From time to time we conduct competitions and give you the choice of receiving further contact from us. Unless you make the choice for us to contact you further, the personal information which we collect from your entry into the competition will not be used for any purpose other than for the competition.
Subscription and Feedback forms
Some pages of this web site provide the facility for users to fill out an online form for the purpose of subscribing to a special service or to provide us with feedback about our web site. We will ask you for your personal information to fulfil that purpose. We will record it to facilitate follow up and for statistical analysis. Only authorised staff will have access to this information.
Security and Storage
Your personal information may be stored in either hard copy form or on computer or both. Hard copy personal information is, wherever practical, kept under locked security. Personal information stored on computer is password protected. Personal information is deleted when it is no longer needed.
Access to Personal Information
You may access your personal information by contacting cinema management. Access is generally granted within 30 days of that request. There may be a reasonable charge for access.
All pages related to ticket purchases and billing are secured by SSL and verified by a valid and current certificate. Further information can be obtained by viewing the security information on these pages.
If you are submitting personal information over the internet which you wish to remain private, please note that, with the exception of our ticket booking pages, this site does not provide facilities for the secure transmission of information across the Internet. While the risk of anyone intercepting and misusing information transmitted by email or through this web site is very low you should be aware that a determined individual with the right skills may be able to do this.
Links to other sites
This site contains links to other sites. No responsibility can be taken for the privacy practices of these web sites.
Modifications to this document
- APPLICATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- WEBSITE USAGE
- You agree that in using this Website, you will not:
- use parts of this Website reserved for registered members unless you are registered as a member;
- interfere with the usage of this Website by others;
- use this Website in an illegal manner;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any document or information to this Website that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, sexually, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or vilifying;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any document or information to this Website that infringes any Intellectual Property Rights of any person;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any computer or website programming code;
- attempt to circumvent any security features of this Website;
- upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
- interfere with or disrupt this Website, the server hosting this Website, or servers or networks connected to the server hosting this Website.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- You acknowledge and agree that the copyright and other intellectual property rights in this Website and in all information and materials on this Website ("Website Content") are owned by Belgrave Cinema, its affiliates, suppliers or licensors unless expressly indicated. The Website Content is protected by Australian and international copyright and trademark laws.
- You agree that you will not do any of the following without Belgrave Cinema’s written permission:
- use Belgrave Cinema’s trademarks, except for printing out a copy of this Website or as part of a reference to a Belgrave Cinema product or service;
- reproduce, copy, modify, merge, adapt, translate, re publish, frame, upload to a third party, post, transmit, broadcast, communicate to the public or otherwise make the Website Content available to the public;
- transmit or display the Website Content on any computer, system or network which permits electronic access by more than one user at a time;
- anything else which would infringe Belgrave Cinema’s rights or the rights of Belgrave Cinema’s content suppliers.
- You may view this Website using a web "browser" so long as you don't change the form of copyright and other proprietary notices. If you are interested in a piece of content for your personal, non commercial use, you may save a single copy, print one or download one.
- You may be asked to provide Personal Information to Belgrave Cinema before purchasing any movie ticket, goods or services from this Website, before entering any competition on the Website or before registering as a member of this Website. If you do not provide that Personal Information to Belgrave Cinema, Belgrave Cinema may not be able to sell you movie tickets, goods or services, enter you into that competition or register you as a member.
- You acknowledge that if you do not register as a member of this Website, parts of this Website designed for registered members may not be accessible to you.
- You agree to keep all membership and registration information secret and accept responsibility for all actions performed by any person accessing this Website using your member account.
- Belgrave Cinema may use techniques designed to identify fraudulent activities on the Website, such as fraudulent credit card use. If any unauthorised use of your credit card occurs as a result of your credit card purchase on the Website, you should notify your credit card provider in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures.
- You agree that Belgrave Cinema may cancel your registration as a member and/or refuse you access to this Website at any time in its sole discretion.
- SUBMITTED DATA AND COMMENTS
- For any information or material provided by you for entry into any competition hosted on this Website, or any comment made by you in respect to any information on this Website, you agree to grant us irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, sublicense, redistribute, adapt, transmit, publish, broadcast and display that information or material and create derivative works from it.
- MOVIE TICKET PURCHASES
- Movie tickets purchased via this Website are non-refundable and are not available for exchange, unless required by law.
- A booking fee per ticket will apply to all tickets purchased via this Website.
- Where allocated seating applies to a session you have the choice of choosing your own seat on the Website. Otherwise seat allocation for movie tickets purchased via this Website is on a "best available" basis and is carried out by a prescribed computer program.
- You agree that Belgrave Cinema may at its discretion, refuse to sell movie tickets to you or withdraw any movie tickets from sale via this Website.
- PURCHASES AND GST
- Prices on this Website include GST where applicable.
- COMPETITION ENTRY
- By entering any promotion or competition you are bound by and agree to comply with the competition terms and conditions of that competition.
- MODIFICATION OF THESE TERMS AND THIS WEBSITE
- THIRD PARTY LINKS AND ADVERTISING
- Belgrave Cinema provides hyperlinks to third party sites ("Linked Sites") for convenience only, and the inclusion of the hyperlink does not imply any endorsement of the Linked Site by Belgrave Cinema or its affiliates. In addition, the inclusion of third party advertising on this Website (whether with or without hyperlinks) is not an endorsement or recommendation of the third party advertiser by Belgrave Cinema or its affiliates.
- You acknowledge and agree that Linked Sites are not under the control of Belgrave Cinema and that Belgrave Cinema is not liable or responsible for:
- any act, omission or negligence of any person who administers or owns any Linked Site;
- the copyright compliance, legality or decency of any Linked Site;
- the accuracy or reliability of any information provided by any Linked Site;
- any goods or services provided by any person who administers or owns any Linked Site; or
- the performance of any obligations owing to by any person who administers or owns any Linked Site.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
- You acknowledge and agree that apart from where required by law, this Website and all Website Content are provided "as is" without warranties of any kind, express or implied.
- You acknowledge that, apart from where stated to the contrary on this Website, Belgrave Cinema has not made any representations or given any warranties:
- as to the functionality or content of this Website;
- as to the accuracy or completeness of any Website Content;
- that access to this Website will be uninterrupted or error free or that the Website or the server which stores and transmits the Website Content to you are free from viruses;
- that any links contained on this Website will provide you with any useful information; or
- that movie tickets to any particular cinema, movie or session will be available for sale to you.
- Except as provided by law, neither Belgrave Cinema nor its affiliates nor the employees, officers and agents of Belgrave Cinema or its affiliates will be under any liability to you, in contract, tort or otherwise, in respect of any loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage, loss of profits, economic loss or loss of information) which may be suffered or incurred or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of:
- your use of this Website;
- the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any Website Content or information contained in that Website Content;
- your use of any websites that this Website links to;
- IMPLIED TERMS
- If the breach relates to goods:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of such goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and
- If the breach relates to services:
- the supplying of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- GOVERNING LAW
- You irrevocably submit to and accept the exclusive jurisdiction of any of the Courts of the State of Victoria or the Commonwealth of Australia and any courts of appeal from these courts.